Jan 12, 2008

Chocolate chip & Sultana Cookies

I found this recipe in one of my cook books, but I have amended it just enough to make it mine.
I find with most sweet recipes, they have either too much fat, or sugar, so I always amend the recipe so it's not so sweet. (Plus it makes me think that they are healthier). We all really don't need the extra calories, especially when we also add chocolate chips!However, for savoury dishes, I always like adding more flavour & that usually works for me too.
I'm one of those people, who can't take a recipe word-for-word, but must make it my own by changing things. I hope you also do the same to my recipes.
That's what makes cookin' so fun!

Ingredients:
100g unsalted butter
1/2 cup soft brown sugar
1 tsn vanilla essence
1 egg beaten
1 tbsn milk
1 3/4 cup plain flour, sifted
1 tsn baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips (in this recipe I used both white & dark chocolate)
1/2 cup sultanas

Preheat oven to 180C & line baking tray with baking paper.
Cream butter & sugar with electric beaters in a large bowl. Mix in vanilla essence & egg, beating well. Stir in milk, flour & baking powder, then the chocolate & sultana bits.

Drop level tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the baking tray. Leave enough space between each cookie. Press lightly on each cookie with a floured fork. Bake for 15mis or until lightly golden. Cool on wire rack.

No comments: