Jan 11, 2008

O.K. Let's get started....

The first idea that pops into my head about food is to list my Top 10 favourite recipes, which are quick & easy. Once I have more blogs I'll create a recipe list (But one step at a time..) I can't list them all tonight, but I'll start with at least one of my favourites.
I love to bake! So the simple Banana Muffin is my #1 recipe. Plus, I believe I cook a great banana muffin! Even my husband (the non-sweet-tooth person) always requests them. He likes the added walnut version.

#1. Moist Banana Muffins (with walnuts-for the hubby)

Makes 12

Ingredients:
125g butter (preferably unsweetened)
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 eggs
3 ripe mashed bananas. (Leave 1/4 of 1 banana & slice thinly. Use for decoration)
1 3/4 sifted self-raising flour
1 cup chopped walnut kernels - optional

Instructions:
Preheat oven. Get muffin tins lined with muffin papers.
Electric mix the butter & sugar till fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time while beating.
Add the flour, bananas & walnuts. Hand mix together. Scoop muffin mix into muffin tins & fill 3/4 of each muffin pan. Place a piece of the thinly sliced banana on top of the muffin for appearance (It helps keep the muffin top look evenly rounded).
Cook in 200 degree oven for about 20mins, or until light brown. Don't over cook, otherwise you'll lose the moistness.

Variations:
Cream cheese icing: 1 cup icing sugar & cream cheese tub. Mix together. Spread over each muffin. But this defeats the purpose of the sliced banana on top while cooking, so it's better to add banana chips to each iced muffin. Or lay the sliced banana out on a separate tray to cook in the oven separately to the muffins to make your own banana chips.

When I have some time, I'll some of my own photos to this recipe. Just watch this space!

No comments: