Jan 22, 2008

Chocolate Cup cakes with White Chocolate icing

I was craving cup-cakes last night (I'm not pregnant, just like to sympathise with pregnant ladies), so I quickly did up a batch.
I cheated & used packet mix. (Oh no...I feel my limited credibility dropping further) But you must give me a chance to explain my reasons for using packet mix.
Firstly, it was already 9pm at night. My husband, was already thinking I'm crazy for cooking cup cakes on a week day night, & plus it was already 9pm & Christian wasn't asleep yet. So hence the quick & simple packet mix. I was pretty desperate. (I'm sounding like a pregnant lady again, except I can't force my husband to drive out & buy me cake. I have to cook it for myself!)

Now, hopefully I can re-gain more of my credibility back by telling you about the fantastic "White Chocolate Icing" I put on top.

Makes 12 cup cake toppings

100g white chocolate
2 teaspoons copha
2 tablespoons icing sugar
Sprinkles

Melt chocolate & copha together in Microwave. Heat for 1 minute. Stir. If not completely melted, heat for another 20 secs & stir. Repeat if necessary.
I like to add more vegetable fat (copha) to the chocolate, to make it more runny. It makes it easier to spread over the cup cakes. Add icing sugar & mix well.
Scoop 1 teaspoon amount into the middle of the cup cake & spread out. Sprinkle the sprinkles on top.

Now here's some pictures of Christian enjoying them. I hope you enjoyed them too!

No comments: